We didn't really get to see anything in London because 90 minutes isn't enough time to travel to the major sites, never mind going in anywhere so we spent the time walking around and in Hyde Park. It was SO hot in London, I think I actually melted. Now get ready for so much Harry Potter!
|The Great Hall|
There's a little cinema style introduction and then the doors to the great hall are revealed, which is such a 'OMG WE ARE IN HOGWARTS' kind of moment. The great hall is amazing, but not as big as I thought it would be and there are costumes of the teachers including Dumbledore *cries*. Then you get into a series of large warehouse style areas with SO many props, costumes, sets and more!
|Potions and Hagrid's Hut|
|Platform 9 3?4 and The Hogwarts Express|
|Chess pieces, Hogwarts bridge and Privet Drive|
|Diagon Alley and Creature Props|
Tips and advice for visiting:
- Take a power bank or extra batteries with you; I took my power bank as half way through the tour my battery was at 20%!
- Take your own snacks as the snacks and drinks there can be a little pricey
- Be aware that they do search everyones bag so anything you don't want them to see *receipts from two months ago, sticky chocolate bar wrappers, pads/tampons* maybe keep them in your suitcase or hidden
- Also be prepared to queue and maybe take an umbrella for the outside section
- Make sure you have LOTS of memory space on your phone or camera, you'll need it!
- If you want souvenirs, bring lots of money; the only items that weren't expensive were the sugar lollies and magnets but other jumpers and hoodies were £50-£70...
Overall, I would never go with National Holidays again but I would love to visit London some time soon. The Harry Potter tour was amazing, the props, sets, costumes and everything in between was breathtaking for a Harry Potter fan - even some of the children going to visit had Hogwarts uniforms on *how adorable!*.
If you were following me on Instagram then you will have seen my videos and photos as I went around the tour (heathernixon4). If you have any questions about the tour, National Holidays or anything else, just tweet me (@ofbeautyand) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll have more photos on my instagram account if you want to check them out.
Have you been to the Harry Potter London tour? Are you a Harry Potter fan? Have you been on a family trip with National Holidays?