|This is a watercolour image made by myself, please don't copy/save!|
I have been a blogger since 2012, at the time I didn't know how much it would affect my life, what it would lead to or what it would entail but I am so glad I have stuck with it for over four years and I am so grateful to be part of this amazing, supportive online community. However, among the countless positives to blogging, there are some drawbacks and unusual things related to being a blogger...here are my blogger confessions.
1. I don't own a marble table, faux marble table cover or a marble pot...I don't own anything made from genuine marble *hangs head in shame*
2. I can't use any product until I have taken 100 photos of it.
3. Blogger enabled or blog related purchases are not good for my bank balance and happen often.
4. Comparing my blog to other blogs is torture!
5. Spam emails. So much spam.
6. Hoarding empty products, keeping products in various boxes to photograph or review and having blog photo props are all 'normal'...
7. Non-bloggers(aka. muggles) who don't understand what blogging is or just how much time/work it takes. Just no.
8. DA. PA. Bloglovin followers. Twitter analytics. Bounce rate. GFC followers. ALL THE NUMBERS.
9. The horror of ugly packaging or bad lighting ruining photos! Damn you English weather.
10. Having ten or more lipsticks which are almost identical but I find reasons to keep them all..one has slight shimmer, one could be good for dupe post, one smells nice and so on.
11. "You're chatting on Twitter with other people you've met online"...I know it sounds dubious but it's just a blogger chat on twitter - that explanation is usually met with confused looks.
12. All the neutral eyeshadows palettes shall be mine. My precious.
13. Going for a day out somewhere just to take pretty OOTD photos.
14. Wanting to buy all the stationery, homeware from H&M and rose gold everything. "It's for my blog". Justified.
15. Worrying about someone stealing my photos which has happened once before - my lips were on a sellers listing on Portuguese eBay!
Leave your 'blogger confessions' in the comments below!