- Harry Potter and the Philosophers by J.K. Rowling: I have watched all of the Harry Potter films more times than I want to admit and I've read the Deathly Hallows book a few years ago but I haven't read any of the others *hangs head in shame*. I can't wait to read this book as I adore her writing, it's so easy to read and it's almost comforting, if that makes sense. Also I love this cover, it's so pretty and feels almost rubberised - it was less than £3 as well so I had to buy it. Obviously.
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine: I have heard so many good things about this book and the plot sounds so interesting and exciting! It's a kind of snow white retelling but it sounds so much better. Also the cover is so simplistic but so gorgeous.
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson: I have read a few samples of his books and I love his writing style so when I saw this book, used on amazon, I had to buy it and unlike the book I had to send back, this one came in really good condition.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: Again another book I have heard so much about on Youtube, especially by American youtubers. To me it sounds like a really interesting and new but familiar world; I can't wait to start it.
- The Queen Of The Tearling by Erika Johansen: I wanted to read this book as firstly, I've heard nothing but positive reviews and secondly it is being made into a film featuring Emma Watson - she's a fantastic actress and I can't wait for the film.
- The Silkworm by J.K. Rowling: I read the first book in this series last month and I adored it, I reviewed it a few weeks ago. I really connected to the two main characters, especially Cormoron Strike so I'm excited to see where their adventures leads them next.
Have you read any of these books? What books have you bought recently?