I have the full *Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick Collection (£3 each) which is definitely made with bloggers in mind as if there is one thing bloggers love it is rose gold and combine that with a lipstick and you're in the money - obviously I'm generalising but look at them *squeals*.
There are five shades in this collection and all but one are so gorgeous and I know I will get a lot of use out of them. Makeup Revolution lipstick formulas are so creamy, pigmented and comfortable on the lips and these are no different. They have a sheen but they aren't very glossy so they don't emphasise dryness which is a big plus for me!
- Diamond Life: In the tube, this shade looks like a deep purple with red undertones but when swatched and applied to the lips, it looks a little brighter but not as bright as the swatch above *sorry*. It leaves a shade on the lips that looks like I have been eating lots of blackberries, I love it and it will be perfect for autumn/winter.
- Chauffeur: Now this is my kind of shade, it is a browny nude shade in the tube but on my lips it is more of a cool toned mauve shade that is close to my natural lip colour but less pink. I have been wearing this shade the most and it will be one that most will love!
- Girls Best Friend: This shade is not something I would ever reach for personally as it is an almost neon cool toned barbie pink that does not look right with my skintone. I won't get much use out of this one but that's just because the shade doesn't suit me at all.
- Red Carpet: I do love a good red lipstick but I don't wear them that often as I'm so conscious of it getting on my teeth or smudging but this one is so gorgeous. It is a classic red that I think will suit a lot of people - it isn't nearly as bright as the photo above shows.
- Private Members Club: It is such a shame that winter is almost at an end as this shade is the ultimate winter shade! It looks black in the tube but it is actually a gorgeous deep grape shade - it is very purple but not so dark that it looks black. I love it and surprisingly so does my mum!
Overall, the lipsticks are better than the other Makeup Revolution lipsticks I own as the packaging is more sturdy, the lipstick longevity is better *although not amazing* and the creaminess and comfort is very impressive. I adore the Red Carpet shade as it is so classic and it somehow brightens my complexion and I also love the Chauffeur shade as it a perfect 'my lips but better shade'. Overall rating: ★★★★★, 5/5.
Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution? What do you think of this rose gold collection?